POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Certified Surgical Technologist - CST
LOCATION: Sanford, FL
SHIFT: Days (Rotating Weekends)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technologist assist the surgical team in delivering direct and indirect care to the patient in the Operating Room, providing quality health care through the development of an organizational climate that is professional, compassionate and responsive to the patient, physicians and Associates.
The Surgical Technologist must possess knowledge, judgment and skills based on the principles of biological, physiological, behavioral and social sciences within the scope of a Surgical Technologist basic training program. The Surgical Technologist assists the surgical team in identifying patient needs and plans and initiates interventions for resolution when applicable.
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
• Assists in damp dusting light fixtures, tables, Mayo and ring stands.
• Assists in checking supplies, instruments and equipment against preference card and/or obtaining any missing items.
• Responsible for scrubbing assigned procedures.
• Anticipates the surgeon’s needs in performing the operation and provides for a safe and sterile surgical environment.
• Uses supplies and suture judiciously.
• Accurately handles all specimens.
• Assists in cleaning the patient prior to applying surgical dressing.
• Assists in the care and maintenance of instruments, equipment and supplies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the location, care and operation of all surgical instruments, equipment and supplies.
• Assists in cleaning and restocking all the operating rooms.
• Initiates and/or assists in updating preference cards.
• Adheres to Universal Precautions.
• Attends staff meetings.
• Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Health Benefits
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Paid Family Leave
• Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
• And much more!
• Current surgical technologist certification
• BLS (AHA)
• ACLS preferred
• Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology - REQUIRED
• At least 1-year exp; 2-3 strongly preferred recent Surgical Technologist experience in an acute care setting.
• Must have acute care experience in a hospital
Basic Life Support