Travel Required: Less than 10% Public Trust: NACI (T1) Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT’s Military Health IT Team is HIRING a Health Care Service Specialist to coordinate all Virtual Health appointments and workflows for all Defense Health Region- Europe’s (DHRE’s) Military Treatment Facilities (MTF’s) and manage Asynchronous case load through available platforms for the Defense Health Agency’s Virtual Medical Center in Europe (VMC-E). Candidates will be working from Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, located in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
The target start timeframe for this position is this Fall 2020.
VMC-E provides digital health care delivery between 300+ providers within 43 specialties to patients in garrison, operational, and remote settings spanning four COCOM’s on three continents serving Army, Air Force, Navy, NATO, DLA, DIA, and DoS Service and Family members. The VMC-E end state will be to sustain current capabilities and increase global footprint to facilitate and leverage Defense Health Region-Europe’s (DHR-E) Medical Center and Treatment Facility Specialty Services throughout the DHR-E, other DHA Markets, and the Combatant Commands within VMC-E’s Area of Responsibility.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Verify all requested Virtual Health (VH) appointments can be supported and resourced by all parties involved
- Booking VH appointments within the Care Coordination Database
- Send VH appointment notifications with appropriate documents
- Mitigates Scheduling Conflicts and calendar or care coordination issues
- Answering and directing VH related Calls
- Train MSA’s on VH Booking and Care Coordination
- Receive and manage asynchronous consults and transition to synchronous appointments when necessary
- Monthly Data query’s as directed
- Coordinates weekly and monthly with Virtual Medical Center Front Office
- Consult with providers, Surgeons, and ancillary services (e.g. Cardiology, Internal Medicine) as directed by policy to ensure timeliness of appointments
What You’ll Need (required):
- 3+ years of work experience in a medical office or clinical environment
- 2+ years of work experience with U.S. Military Healthcare System and benefits or civilian managed care medical/administrative environment
- 1+ year of hands-on experience with the Composite Health Care System (CHCS)
- 1+ year of hands-on experience with AHLTA electronic health record system
- Possess thorough knowledge of appropriate hardware and software, Telemedicine Stations, computer literacy in Windows 7, MS Outlook, MS Outlook Calendar, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluency in the English language (read, write and speak). Ability to understand medical and technical knowledge at a working level in the English Language, and to be able to communicate with patients, health care providers, and leadership.
- Currently holds a T1/ NACI security investigation OR can pass the T1/ NACI security investigation process.
What Would Be Even Better (preferred):
- Candidates who currently reside in Germany are preferred, although, relocation options will be considered.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.