To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer, Building - United States
CH2M & Jacobs • Knoxville, TN
Posted 19 days ago
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
As a Building Mechanical Engineer, youll have the chance to work with an internal network of architects and engineers designing facilities for the Federal Government and related institutions. Working with other members of the team, youll develop design packages using Revit and other software. During your time with us, you will generate calculations, design analyses, construction drawings, and specifications. Additionally, youll perform field work, both prior to design and as a follow up during construction period activities. If youre up for the challenge, weve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:• U.S. Citizen with valid US drivers license per contract requirements
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET-accredited college or university
• (PE) Professional Engineering license
• Minimum of 6 years of experience designing building mechanical systems including HVAC and plumbing
• Working knowledge of codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA
• Ability to travel internationally on at least a limited basis (no more than 1 week per quarter)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
• Ability to produce building mechanical design packages using Revit
• Experience in construction period services, including answering RFIs, review of submittals, and field assessments
• Active or recent Department of Defense Security Clearance
• Experience performing federal design to Unified Facilities Criteria requirements
• Knowledge of Federal requirements for life cycle cost analyses of energy consuming systems and building envelope alternatives
• Competency in performing HVAC load and energy calculations using one or more industry standard software packages, such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
• Ability to generate project specific construction specifications using CSI-based templates
• Competency in design of plumbing systems
• Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects
• Duties will typically be performed in an office environment, at construction sites for new facilities, or at existing facilities undergoing renovation.
• Periodic travel will be required for site visits and client meetings.
• Please note that we will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H1-B or related visa, to fill this position.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>