Position: Manufacturing Engineer - Automotive Industry
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Report to: Plant Manager
Industry: Automotive (Parts Supplier)
A global automotive parts supplier is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer at their manufacturing facility in the Bowling Green, KY area.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: (Not Official: Please ask for more details during your interview):
• Plan and coordinate manufacturing engineering processes on daily basis to produce high quality automotive part products.
• Develop process improvements to effectively utilize equipment and materials to maximize production.
• Develop operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives.
• Monitor the process flow across production and identify unsafe operations and practices and report the same to Manager immediately.
• Provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production.
• Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and outages.
• Determine scrap and downtime numbers, and modify processes to reduce those issues.
• Evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements.
• Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards.
• Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
• Provides training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
• Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
• Develop best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability.
• Investigate problems, analyze root causes and derive resolutions.
• Aid in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability.
• Assist with hands-on prototype development
Previous experience in automotive parts/automotive manufacturing environment
Associate’s or Technical Degree in Engineering related discipline: Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical
A minimum of 1 year previously as a Manufacturing Engineer
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Product Quality Assurance
Engineering Design Process