American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Business Processor I
American National is seeking a Business Processor. The purpose of this position is to process and edit any new business and cancellations for the department. This includes supporting the Business unit with implementing operating processes and procedures to ensure this business is correctly processed in the processing systems.
* Handles the daily coding and batching of the business including the company carrier, group code, state code, account number, and benefit/plan codes to ensure business is processed accurately and within strict deadlines. Verifies the account information from the daily batches with the processing systems to ensure accuracy.
* Processes all new business certificates/policies/waivers, cancellation requests and refunds accurately and within established deadlines.
* Demonstrates responsibility for balancing each client's report and remittance to cash received and noting any variances.
* Reviews proper data entry as well as acceptability under the company's underwriting guidelines in regard to the effective date, term, age, amount of coverage, premium/fee charged and correct form usage.
* Reviews and mails monthly billing statements to accounts. Releases credit balance refund checks to accounts, with management approval. Communicates to the accounts department when questions arise concerning their billing statements.
* Processes claim request (PAR) forms or notifications from the claims department, including canceling the coverage, issuing refund checks of any unearned premium and sending completed PAR forms or requested information back to the claims department.
* Traces, reverses and replaces any lost or uncashed checks.
* Communicates frequently with accounts, agents, insureds and customers concerning changes required in certificates/policies/waivers and any declines of coverages resulting from the underwriting of these products.
* High school diploma or a GED.
* Two years of related experience.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
Learn more about our company, by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @CareerswithAN
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
- Professional Customer Services