Under the Corporate Finance Manager \u2013 Revenue & Reporting, this position will be a key team member with the following responsibilities:
\u2022 Working with Revenue Cycle, Business Office, and Decision Support in analyzing and monitoring the valuation of patient accounts receivables and credit balances for all hospitals and physician groups.\u2022 Development, enhancement, and continuous standardization of the AR valuation models and process, assuring proper controls are in place to accurately estimate AR.\u2022 Develop training materials on AR estimates for local CFOs and Controllers.\u2022 Estimate net patient revenue on a monthly basis across all hospitals, in conjunction with estimating AR.\u2022 Reviewing bank reconciliations to identify any significant issues related to unposted patient cash receipts.\u2022 Assist local CFOs with monitoring aged accounts with no activity > 60 days.\u2022 Coordination with hospital Controllers, CFOs, and Business Offices with the annual financial audit of the Revenue Cycle process.\u2022 Prepare collection agency decision models and monitoring collection agency performance through various benchmarks.\u2022 Analyzing KPIs to identify trends and opportunities for improvement in internal collection efforts.\u2022 Perform walkthroughs and gap analyses within the revenue cycle process, and assist with the preparation of executive presentations to summarize results of findings.\u2022 Assist with the preparation of the consolidated financial statements and related footnote disclosures.\u2022 Technical accounting research and memo preparation related to goodwill impairment, business combinations, variable interest entities, etc.\u2022 Identify process improvements to enhance financial reporting.\u2022 Prepare and provide quantitative and analytical support to the Corporate Finance team.\u2022 Other related duties and ad hoc projects, as needed.Responsibilities
- Prepare, review, interpret and analyze financial and statistical data for Management Team at Corporate level and Hospital level.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes internal and external reports, including financial statements, KPIs and operational reportsSupport the development of detailed facility level financial projections, quarterly forecasts and long-range plans.
- Assist with monthly close process by reviewing hospital month end journal entry reports and perform month end fluctuation analysis.
- Assist corporate entities and hospitals in financial audits and/or other audits by statutory/regulatory agencies
- Ensure consistency in the accounting/finance policies and procedures, methodology used to calculate significant accounting estimates, and proper GAAP reporting across all financial reports.
- Assist in evaluation and due diligence on merger and acquisition and provide guidance in accounting/finance functions on newly acquired entities. This may require traveling to the facilities to provide on-site assistance.
- Visit facilities to perform internal review of month end close process, operation controls, accounting treatment, and assist facility finance department accounting issues.
- Supervise part time members of the team.
- Complete all other ad hoc financial and statistical analysis on an as-needed basis.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration with emphasis on Accounting.2. 1+ years of revenue cycle analytical experience with hospital systems.3. Excellent communication skills and an attitude to challenge the status quo.4. Strong analytical skills and ability to prepare financial statements and models.5. Advanced proficiency in Windows Office software and ERP systems (i.e. Lawson, Meditech) 6. Public accounting (audit) experience, 10Q/K reporting experience, and strong knowledge of GAAP \u2013Highly Preferred7. Superb Excel skills (v-lookups, sumif, sumproduct, indirect, etc.)8. Certified Public Accountant \u2013 Preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Analyst
Consolidated Financial Statement