We are creating the products of the factory of the future. Products that intuitively couple user experience with deeply embedded real-time machines. Remotely run factories, predictive repair and maintenance, and mass customization. We have a unique vision for what the factory of the future will be, and we need you to help us turn this vision into reality.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer and Lead. Our Software Team leader will be the intellectual energy behind our new product development. We are introducing cutting-edge technology and are building an environment for hosting a broad variety of microservices to optimize our customer experience and ease feature development.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT:
- Developing full-stack software in embedded products
- Leading a team that includes UI/UX creators, hosted (i.e. web) developers, API designers, Linux Kernel Work, common services, microservice feature development, and machine interfaces
- Expertise in all phases of product development life-cycle, including concept and prototype analysis, design, production launch, sustaining production, and end-of-life support of designed equipment
- As a process-oriented and results-focused project lead. You are either a Certified Scrum Master or have significant experience in Agile best practices
- Tailoring processes to individuals and projects. You are both a cheerleader and coach that solicits collaboration and commitment from the entire team
DO YOU ENJOY COLLABORATING WITH:
- Remote teams
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- SW architect and technical lead
- Leading technical assessments of proposed features and product enhancements
- Holistic system knowledge, ability to review code and assess side effects and impact
- Developing code as needed
- Being the ultimate owner of the development environment
- Assisting in team growth, including staffing and mentoring
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with commensurate experience in software development.
- 8+ years of previous development experience.
- 2+ years in a leadership role (either direct or indirect)
- Expert with embedded Linux-based system design
- Deep knowledge of collaboration tools/environment
- Experience in service creation architecture
- Experience leading Agile teams
- Work with several Linux Distro's – especially Raspbian, Fedora, and Ubuntu
- Familiar with Linux kernel and Uboot modification
- Framework experience with Electron, Docker, Vue.js, and Node.js
- Source code management with Git, familiar with GPL, revision control, tagging strategies, and security patches
- Project management JIRA, Teams, Confluence
- Common services MySQL, backup/restore, update, revert, remote access
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
Matthews Marking Systems is a global supplier of printing solutions for product identification, branding, and traceability. We offer robust and reliable systems of unmatched quality for marking needs across packaging and industrial applications, including a full line of high-resolution inkjet, laser, and drop-on-demand valve jet technologies, high-performance inks, and integrated solutions for marking and coding automation. With over 160 years of marking and coding experience, we’ve established a global reputation as a premier innovator and manufacturer in the marking and coding industry. Matthews Marking Systems is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Prototype (Computer Science)