Responsible for originating residential mortgage loans and adhering to the requirements of federal registration under the SAFE Act
- Sells M&T Bank mortgage financing to incoming leads. Answers questions and provides explanation of M&T products. Pre-qualifies customers. Follows up on potential customers via telephone and e-mail.
- Proactively solicits mortgage business from leads provided or personal referral sources.
- Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data necessary for determining if loan is an acceptable risk.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loan with mortgagor.
- Begins mortgage application process over the phone or online; sends completed packages to borrowers. Enters complete applications into system.
- Provides timely and complete feedback to referral sources regarding the disposition of their leads.
- Keeps informed of changing rules and regulations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
External contacts may include customers, Realtors, and third party service providers.
Responsibility to establish and maintain federal registration requirements outlined in the SAFE Act.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years mortgage origination and/or customer service experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/or work experience including a minimum of 3 years mortgage originator and/or customer service experience.Education and Experience Preferred:
General PC knowledge and departmental software
Ability to interact with all levels in a professional manner
Customer Service Skills
Knowledge of products and government regulations