To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2515 SW State St
Ankeny, IA 50021
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Service Representative
UnityPoint Health • Ankeny, IA
Posted 1 month ago
Patient Service Representative
Ankeny Internal Medicine
32 Hours/ Week; Full-Time Benefits
M; 6:45a-1:45p T; 7:45a-4:45p W; 7:45a-4:45p TH;7:45a-4:45p F; 7:45a-4:45p
Good first impressions are vital when it comes to working as a Patient Service Representative at Unity Point. You are the first face a patient sees when they walk in the door and will be responsible for a variety of activities related to patient intake and care. Patient Service Representatives are given the opportunity to build long lasting relationships with Patients, families and Physicians which ultimately lead to growth and Career stability.
- Greet patients and visitors and provide courteous, caring and professional assistance to all individuals contacting the office. Answer their questions and provide non-medical information and/or direct to appropriate person or department.
- Answer telephone calls in a clear, calm and professional manner. Screen calls by urgency and route calls promptly, accurately, and professionally to appropriate party.
- Make, cancel and reschedule patient appointments maintaining appointment schedule according to office procedure.
- Gather, verify and enter demographic and insurance information on new and established patients necessary for completion of electronic health record and insurance claim processing at each patient visit on patient accounting system.
- Review superbill to ensure information is complete and perform the daily posting of charges for office visits and procedures abstracting procedural, diagnostic, and demographic information according to policy and procedure.
- Collect payments, issue receipts and reconcile daily receivable activity to prepare for daily deposits.
- Open and/or close the clinic following specified guidelines of individual clinic.
- Work independently and responsible for timely completion of assigned functions.
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
- High School or Vocational School graduate.
- Mandatory Reporter certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively enter information into a variety of computer programs.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, individuals and members of their support systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, educational and lifestyle backgrounds.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Previous experience with an electronic health record or medical office software preferred.
- Previous experience coding diagnoses and procedures with ICD-9-CM and CPT preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.