To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Las Vegas, NV 89113
- Credit One Bank
- Phone: (702) 269-1075
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Systems Administrator II (Unix)
Credit One Bank • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Unix Systems Administrator II will monitor and maintain systems in 24x7 highly-available production environments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and articulate, with expertise in Unix/Linux operating systems, related software technologies, and have a proven history of using administrative tools and automating routine administration tasks.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Must be able to work independently to identify, isolate and perform root cause analysis of complex technical issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Must be willing to take ownership of the issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Mentor junior level staff in both technical and procedural skills.
- Lead system initiatives and new projects.
- Install, patch and tune Operating Systems and third party applications.
- Develop and implement procedures to monitor systems for capacity and performance and create related documentation and reports.
- Create system standards documentation and procedures to efficiently and accurately contribute to the success of the team.
- Write scripts for monitoring systems and critical applications, and integrating into a centralized event console.
- Work with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution.
- Supporting process improvements.
- Full-time position with on-call duties.
- 4+ years work experience as Unix System Administrator.
- Must have experience implementing and managing enterprise class server environments.
- Proficient understanding of and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, file systems, applications and storage technologies.
- Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, & VLANs.
- Must have scripting skills - PERL, batch, shell and/or VB.
- Must have experience with using systems monitoring software (e.g. HP OpenView).
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team, with other groups and with customers.
- Must have ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with knowledge of clustering technologies and high availability strategies.
- Previous experience with providing support for virtual environments, remotely connected customers and related technologies (e.g., Citrix, VM, Solaris Containers).
- Understanding of or experience supporting web servers.
- Understanding of or experience with backup software and recovery strategies.
- Extensive experience with storage technologies.
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Understanding of or experience supporting .NET application.
- Understanding of or experience with virtual environments.
Physical requirements include:
- Lifting up to 75Lbs as required, ability to relocate and move servers and network equipment.
- Ability to bend, stretch, kneel to perform cable management. This requires tedious detail to properly install, label and appropriately route network cables. Must adhere to datacenter cabling guidelines.
- Moves / Adds / Changes - moves of computers when necessary.
- Individuals must be able to physically lift, bend, and crawl under desks.
Bachelors in an engineering discipline, or Technical certification in Win NT or Win 2K/2K3, or equivalent work experience. Microsoft certifications are highly desirable.