This position will be responsible for the daily fundings related to Correspondent TPO Originations (closed loans). These responsibilities will include working closely with the Treasury Department, Accounting, Custodian and Capital Markets delivery group to build and maintain a sound funding operations process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the daily activities of the Funding Operations Team. Duties include; daily fundings for Correspondent channels, pipeline management, daily and forward forecasting, client reporting and service level adherence.
- Work with Accounting to clear reconciling items due to funding issues or post funding adjustments.
- Work with clients to resolve post funding adjustments and funding differences.
- Develop, document and implement policies and procedures for the unit.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external counterparts.
- Proactively seek opportunities for both process and performance improvement.
- Effectively manage risk within the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred a minimum of 1 year mortgage banking experience.
- Experience with excel and large spreadsheets required.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy related to fundings and reporting.
- Excellent decision making skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability and ability to manage to strict deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Working knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, and ACCESS.
- Skills in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening, and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature of the position and does not constitute an all-inclusive list of duties, nor of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview Loan Servicing is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Attention To Detail