To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vidalia, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Mobile Engineer (Greater Savannah, GA area)
JLL • Vidalia, GA
Posted 9 days ago
South East Georgia- Greater Savannah, Georgia area.
- Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results and life expectancy. Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary repairs keeping records of past operating experiences. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and production equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results and life expectancy.
- Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary repairs keeping records of past operating experiences.
- Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems.
- Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations, Material Handling Equipment) and be multi-skilled in others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
- Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds, and production equipment as it pertains to assigned buildings.
- Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities. This to include building automation systems, fire / life safety systems, and any other building related equipment.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
- Practice Defensive Driving at all times
- Submit P-card Receipts Daily
- Update work order status in real time
- Utilize CMMS systems such as Corrigo for all work performed.
- Refer Customer and Manager in a timely manner for escalating problems or issues
- Attend work and safety meetings as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years of technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in the technical aspects of packaged HVAC, plumbing, electrical, production equipment repair and maintenance. Knowledge of overall system design and applications.
- Two years of trades school or documented apprenticeship in electrical systems, refrigeration and HVAC, plumbing or other craft skills, preferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Universal CFC recovery certification (or within 90 days of employment)
- 3rd Party Certification, preferred
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license, and perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of overall system design and applications.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel, preferred
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Working from heights.
- Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
- Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot).
- Driving for long periods of time.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.
- Must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]