Come join the best team in helathcare!
Northwest Phoenix HC LLC dba Home Instead Senior Care®On-Call Coordinator Job Description
The On-Call Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of on-call duties including scheduling clients and CAREGivers. The On-Call Coordinator is expected to work closely with the Service Coordinators in order to provide the highest quality service to clients. As an on call position the pay is per day and if hours worked are more than planned then there is additional pay. Our need is weekends and overnights with some shifts being very slow and some being hectic. We currently have one On Call Coordinator and your schedule desires would be balanced with hers to make sure we always have coverage.
• Reflect the core values of Northwest Phoenix HC, LLC (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
• Prior to start of on call shift, review schedule with designated Scheduling Coordinator and understand any potential trouble spots that might arise.
• Must have reliable computer and internet access and a cell phone with an adequate plan. Cell service must be reliable and provide acceptable audio quality.
• Answering each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and respond quickly to their needs.
• Fill all client shifts following designated office scheduling processes.
• Communicate changes in client shifts to the client(s) and CAREGiver(s).
• Work with back-up contact when questions arise about clients or CAREGivers that require input
• Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with owner or designated key player.
• Monitor and log both client and CAREGiver activity and follow up on CAREGiver assignments and client service in the operating system.
• Maintain and submit proper time keeping records
• Create a log of the activities of your shift and communicate that to the designate key player(s). Each note must have a “on call tag” so office staff could pull notes on Monday to see how the weekend went.
• Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
• Ensure Home Instead Senior Care standards are met and upheld
• Back-up the Sr. On Call Coordinator
• Participate in quarterly CAREGiver meetings
• Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary
• High school graduation or the equivalent
• One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Northwest Phoenix, HC, LLC, (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise)
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
• Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
• Must have knowledge of the senior care industry
• Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
• Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
• Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work
• Must be able to establish good working relationships with management, colleagues, franchise owners and their staff
• Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
• Must present a professional demeanor
• Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
• Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
• Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required
• must be able to perform duties in a professional office setting
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.