Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, creative and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Information Technology team will report directly to the Vice President. If you enjoy helping clients to make the best business decisions, this job is for you.
The successful candidate will lead a team of talented developers as well as managing multiple Business Intelligence and Data Visualization platforms, supporting hundreds of internal and external users. The Executive Director will be at the forefront of innovation in data quality and presentation, maintaining a culture of continuous learning and improvement, and fostering an environment that promotes growth for members of the team.
This role requires managerial experience, technical and creative expertise in data presentation, project management and innovative problem solving.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Develop and manage a team to create reports and visualizations that deliver to clients, as well as internally to Operations, Data Quality, Product and others.
- Design visually impactful and efficient data presentations that provide valuable insights.
- Establish best practices and standards for development: gathering requirements, designing, implementing, testing and promoting deliverables. Utilize common version control software to enhance collaboration and stability of products.
- Design and implement systems for management of a cohesive, branded, searchable report library.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement, driving development and enhancements that allow for conversion of custom to syndicated reporting.
- Maintain and enhance deliverable platforms, including MicroStrategy and Tableau, within established corporate Service Level Agreements.
- Manage multiple priorities, projects and team members simultaneously.
- Provide accurate estimates of effort for projects under consideration, set and meet reasonable deadlines.
- Educate internal users and developers on supported platforms, providing guidance on tool selection and deliverable design.
- Provide management, mentorship and career development opportunities for team members.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years in similar managerial role with analytics and data background.
- Applicants must have development expertise and administrative proficiency in MicroStrategy and Tableau. Experience with other data visualization tools such as PowerBI preferred.
- Project management experience required.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications, including VBA.
- Strong communication skills with non-technical users.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tableau (Busines Intelligence Software)