To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Nutrition Manager - Houston, TX, Dallas, TX or San Antonio, TX
UnitedHealth Group • Houston, TX
Posted 27 days ago
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: BriovaRx Infusion Services, a division of Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Regional Nutrition Manager (RNM) is responsible for overseeing the parenteral nutrition (PN) support program for BriovaRx Infusion branches in a designated region and is charged with helping to drive growth of the region’s parenteral nutrition (PN) census. The Regional Nutrition Manager may provide nutritional patient care for designated branches and serves as a PN support resource to internal staff as well as the medical / payer community.
- Works directly with field sales, sales leadership and the National Director to sell the parenteral nutrition support program to new and existing accounts
- Achieves or surpasses defined regional objectives for the PN business
- Organizes and plans sales and clinical support strategies with sales and clinical teams to help drive the growth of the PN census
- Tracks PN referrals and census in each of the region’s branches on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Keeps abreast of the home PN industry and local markets in the region: key opinion leaders (KOL’s), competition, innovations, patient referral trends, etc. and uses information to drive sales planning processes
- Develops, recommends and assists with innovative selling ideas and methods, new business opportunities related to nutritional support, and works in concert with sales including Regional Sales Directors, Acute Infusion Specialists and Clinical Liaisons
- Uses corporate and branch resources to promote all lines of infusion business as appropriate.
- Provides inservices and continuing educational programs to branch staff and referrals sources, serving as a nutrition support liaison to key accounts
- Assists with development and implementation of new continuing education and training programs for internal and external clinicians
- Assist with training new acute infusion sales specialists and clinical liaisons at the local and corporate level
- Assists with reimbursement related activities related to securing home PN coverage, ie. Medicare PN qualification
- Performs nutritional screening and assessment for patients receiving infusion therapy. Clinical duties include but are not limited to:
- Diet history and recall
- Estimation of nutrient intake
- Calculation of nutritional requirements
- Recommendations for the appropriate route to feed (oral, enteral, parenteral)
- Evaluation of selected laboratory results
- Assessment of drug - nutrient interactions
- Develops and implements, in conjunction with pharmacy and nursing, a written nutritional plan of care
- Communicates, verbally and in writing, patient data and prescription recommendations to clinicians and physicians as part of the home nutrition support clinical team
- Monitors the patient’s response to nutritional care on a routine basis, assisting with transitional feeding guidance as required.
- Serves as a PN subject matter expert (SME) / consultant to home infusion patients, branch clinical staff, outside healthcare providers / physicians and referral sources, regarding the nutritional needs of patients currently receiving, or potentially needing, home nutritional support
- Prepares patient related documentation and reports accurately and in a timely manner, as required by internal and external regulatory requirements
- Represents self in a professional and ethical manner at all times, complying with all applicable Company Policies and Procedures
- Takes responsibility for maintaining employment requirements: completion of orientation, current nutritional knowledge, professional registration, licensure as appropriate, certifications. and health requirements as specified by internal and external regulatory bodies.
- Participates in professional organizations such as A.S.P.E.N., Oley Foundation etc.
- Attends regional/national conferences and meetings
- Adheres to all Policies, Procedures, and Standards of Conduct of the organization
- Completes mandatory annual online competencies and inservices that are required by the organization
- Reports to the appropriate manager(s) any known or suspected violations of policies and procedures, regulations or standards of conduct
- Performs other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Nutrition and Dietetics
- 5+ years of clinical nutritional support (PN) experience on a hospital and / or home nutrition support team
- Registered Dietitian (RD) through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and licensed by the state, as appropriate
- Previous sales and home infusion experience
- Ability to travel at least 60% throughout designated region and attend regional / national meetings
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC)
- Active professional affiliations