The Ultrasound tech reports directly to the Radiology Supervisor. Compassionate and skilled ultrasound technician to be responsible for operating sonographic scanners to capture images of patients’ internal organs and expectant mothers’ developing fetuses.
- Answer questions about the ultrasound procedure to patients
- Sterilize the room and equipment where the sonogram takes place
- Perform the ultrasound and capture images
- Evaluate the images and interpret their meaning
- Present the images and diagnosis to healthcare professionals
- Maintain patient records and add notes pertaining to the ultrasound results
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients, answering their questions, and providing support.
- Spreading the ultrasound gel on the surface of patients' bodies over the internal area to be imaged.
- Programming and adjusting the scanner for the specific procedure and ensuring the transducer captures images from every angle or section as needed.
- Deciding which still images, or sonograms, to capture and present to the Physician for diagnostic purposes.
- Evaluating the images for quality and interpreting the images to assist the Physicians in diagnosing and treating diseases.
- Presenting the images and your preliminary findings to the Physicians.
- Maintaining patients' records and medical notes on the ultrasound procedure, they have undergone.
- Maintaining the ultrasound equipment and sterilizing the procedure rooms.
- Assisting Radiologists with vascular ultrasound procedures and ultrasound-guided biopsies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in radiography, equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-7 years of experience in clinical radiology.
- 5-7 years of hands-on hospital experience.
- Clinical Works
- Computer Programming