Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Construction Safety & Health Officers represent and protect the interests of the U.S. Government by applying professional construction safety management expertise and techniques. The Construction Safety & Occupational Health Officer ensures compliance with the Departments safety requirements found in the construction contract documents Division 1, Section entitled Construction Safety and Health Program, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements Manual EM385-1-1 and ensure effective on-site implementation of contractor Construction Accident Prevention Plans (CAPP), which are required by the U.S. Department of State.
• Construction Safety & Health Officers inspect, assesses, and report on construction contractor safety programs and sanitary conditions at project sites to ensure OBO safety and health requirements are being properly implemented
• Provides advice and direction to OBO Project Directors and construction management engineers at project sites to ensure continuity throughout the project cycle
• Communicates effective strategies to all contractors performing construction work
• Place emphasis on safety and health performance to ensure contractor awareness of their obligations to the U.S. Government to provide safe and healthful working conditions
• Provides on--site technical advice and guidance to contractors as they implement the elements of their construction accident prevention program
• Independently identify and analyze causes and contributing factors associated with OBO construction site accidents
• Recommend effective measures to prevent more serious accidents and potentially hazardous conditions from recurrence
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• A current Final Secret, Interim Top Secret, or Final Top Secret clearance is required at the time of consideration
• At a minimum, have a (2) year Associate Arts Degree or an Associate Technical Degree (or above)
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in commercial building construction as a concrete or general field superintendent with demonstrated construction safety experience
• Have a strong working knowledge of all sections relevant to OBO construction operations in the latest edition - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements Manual EM385-1-1
• Completion of standard OSHA 30 hour construction safety course within the last (5) years
• Must be able to anticipate, identify, and evaluate potential safety and health hazards and dangerous environmental exposures
WORK LOCATION: BASED IN ARLINGTON, VA WITH OCONUS TRAVEL (One trip per month for approximately 10 days)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)