OMnet is a wholly owned subsidiary of Omnicom Media Group Holdings, LLC and was founded in late 2013. Operating as the principal buying arm of OMG, OMnet creates a private marketplace of premium media by entering into firm media commitments in return for discounts v. the marketplace. All investments are guaranteed and made upfront with Omnicom dollars allowing OMnet to secure discounts from a select group of media partners. While OMnet takes on all the financial risk, we use this platform as a mechanism to provide our 125+ OMG clients a savings benefit on a spend that runs through the program.
The Investment Manager is the category lead for the Digital Investment team and will work across all pieces of business within the digital space. He/she thoroughly understands the digital world and client business by staying abreast of the digital marketplace activity gained through constant analysis and education. By nature, Investment Managers are curious and open to investigating unique opportunities to reach the target consumer, yet prepared to provide a point-of-view, recommendation, and alternative options to the various digital media tools in the marketplace. Investment Managers are the primary guide to take Account Executives through the fundamentals of the planning process, to delegate responsibilities that will simultaneously meet business goals and contribute to the AE's development, develop timelines to help manage deadlines and time management, and to provide directional and timely feedback.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Advertising, Marketing, Communications and/or related field
* 3-5 years of digital media buying, negotiation and implementation experience in an agency environment is required; at least 2 years of experience in managing a team
* Fluent user of Microsoft office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word that enjoys working with and has aptitude for mathematical concepts
* Expertise of the digital marketplace and account management as well as a passionate student of the digital industry
* Avid explorer in and user of multi-digital vehicles; enthusiastically strengthens knowledge of the relationship opportunities between on-and-offline media
* Must understand application of, and consistently advance knowledge using, industry tools such as Prisma, DDS, DCM, Sizmek, ComsCore, Nielsen
* Possesses a basic knowledge of the disciplines underlying these principles (e.g., economics, journalism, psychology)
* Solves problems outside the box
* Excellent presentation skills
* Conveys thoughts, ideas, feelings, and decisions in a clear, concise, and appropriate manner
* Demonstrates both good verbal and written skills and is a good listener
* Assist the Associate and Group Directors in managing functions, such as structure, process, internal and external communication
* Assist the AE's in planning functions, such as media plan development, research, strategy development, buying and negotiating media
* Assist the AE's in negotiating and executing media buys, collaborating with digital partners, coordinating with AE's on implementation of insertion orders
* Assist the AE's in developing media plans, evaluating, and assessing vendors using proprietary research tools and industry knowledge
* Develop and train the Digital Account Executives, provide mentorship, arrange training sessions and manage their daily workflow/tasks
* Attend publisher meetings and develop expertise in digital opportunities, new technologies, digital platforms, innovation, research insights and capabilities, industry learning, etc.
* Participate or lead in direct client communications when appropriate
* Seek out a strong cooperative relationship with multiple business counterparts (Internal OMG teams and Digital Vendors)
* Accountable for results and reporting, which can in part be defined as execution of the media plan; measuring media performance and optimizing site/placement after reviewing campaign results; offering tactical alternatives based on client needs and requests
OMG is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
- Account Management
- Active Listening
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Digital Media