To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92127
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Radio Frequency / Electrical Engineer
BAE Systems • San Diego, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BAE Systems is looking for a self-motivated RF Engineer for the Automated Test Systems product line, which supports various DoD Automated Test Equipment (ATE) contracts. The ATE operates from 10 MHz to 18GHz.
The RF Engineer works with senior engineers to provide design upgrades and maintenance support for all fielded test station products. Key responsibilities include troubleshooting failed units (returned from the field) and recommending obsolescence replacement. The RF Engineer works with other functional groups to provide system improvements. These improvements include signal processing upgrades using hardware and software (DSP) based techniques.
Daily activities may include:
- Working with technicians to troubleshoot equipment returned from the field. This includes researching part specifications, reviewing schematics and interconnect diagrams, using common RF lab equipment to pinpoint problems, and developing test and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Developing signal processing techniques, using MATLAB, to improve system functionality or provide new capabilities.
- Researching and recommending hardware upgrades.
- Presenting upgrades and troubleshooting findings to senior engineering and management.
- Attending or presenting design reviews
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / technical discipline, and 0+ year(s) related experience
- GPA 3.0 and above (cum. and major) - college transcripts will need to be provided at time of interview
- Ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Basic MATLAB skills
- Coursework or equivalent experience in: Electromagnetics, Analog and Digital Circuits, Signal Analysis
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic / collaborative environment (e.g.., open seating arrangement)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with MS Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and VisioPreferred Skills and Education In addition to a BS (or MS) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related major, the RF Engineer should meet many of the following requirements. Mentoring and training will be available as needed.
- Coursework or equivalent experience in: Electromagnetics, Analog and Digital Circuits, Signal Analysis.
- Familiarity with RF hardware including couplers, antennas, high-speed A/D (100MSPS to 2 GSPS) converters, signal generators, downconverters.
- Strong knowledge of MATLAB and DSP toolbox desired.
- Familiarity with Common RF Laboratory instruments including Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, and Oscilloscopes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with MS Office products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Visio.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression