Responsible for working as an active member of the Company's sales/service commercial lending department; provide commercial customers with direct service relating to the Company's commercial services portfolio; develop customer relationships so as to take advantage of additional selling and cross-selling opportunities; communicate with sales and lending management personnel with respect to sales objectives, sales performance, and other factors which affect the sales/service function; provide required information on sales and service activities; generate and maintain a profitable quality commercial loan portfolio. Responsible for marketing, sales, quality, co-ordination, policy conformance, training, reporting documentation for Company products and services. Promote the Company's CRA requirements and policy; adhere to FDICIA and compliance procedures as they apply to the Company's lending activities.Responsibilities:
- Work as an active member of the Company's sales/services lending department as follows:
- Jointly establish quantitative sales objectives, with assigned supervisor on an annual basis.
- Solicit new business from present and prospective customers.
- Provide sales information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of monthly and year-to-date sales performance reports.
- Monitor individual sales performance versus objectives on a monthly basis utilizing Company's sales information system.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all Company commercial credit products and services, in order to ascertain customer needs and to sell in conjunction with these needs.
- Provide direct service to commercial customers with respect to deposit, loan, and other miscellaneous products and services, if applicable, approve or reject loan applications within individual lending authority.
- Assist customers in obtaining specialized services from other departments as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Company operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services.
- Maintain working knowledge of loan documentation procedures.
- May attend sales and trade meetings as the Company's representative to develop new business and to gain information and leads on prospective accounts.
- Responsible for early detection, reporting, and monitoring of problem credit.
- Responsible for quality of own loan portfolio.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years' related experience
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills.
- Proficient appropriate analytical skills.
- A working knowledge of Company operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services.
Requires the ability to lift 0-10lbs. on a frequent basis. Movement that may be required for a prolonged period of time, includes, but is not limited to: sitting, standing, bending, leaning, pushing, reaching and keying/data entry/typing as is common and typical in a branch/office environment.Tompkins is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") with respect to all team members and applicants for employment and a work environment free from discrimination (including unlawful harassment) based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender non-conformity, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, domestic violence victim status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status or status in any group protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Data Entry
- Information Systems