Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Travel to complete in home visits or visit members in other locations
- Travel to participate in care planning in facilities & provider offices
- Use nursing assessment skills to identify medical, behavioral, social determinates of health gaps or barriers in treatment plan
- Provide condition education, conduct medication reviews, assist with advance planning and connect to community resources
- Demonstrate ability to establish trusting relationships with members & caregivers and identify innovative strategies to improve and maintain engagement
- Participate in interactions with program Medical Directors, treating providers and community resources
- Complete in- patient & post-discharge visits to ensure that discharged members receive the necessary services and resources to focus on reducing readmissions
- Documenting and track findings; solid computer and software navigation skills are critical
- Complete and maintain field based safety trainings, CPR certification and health screenings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of residence
- Multiple state licensures (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses
- 3+ years of experience in a direct care setting
- Renal, Chronic Kidney Disease or Dialysis Care experience as a main focus of your job
- Computer proficiency, to include strong data entry, utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and the ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating a Windows environment
- Must reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed internet connection or can leverage existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to flex schedule to accommodate changing priorities (may include some evening hours depending in member availability and business need)
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to accommodate daily field-based travel within the service delivery area (up to 75%)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BSN or higher level of education
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Diabetic Educator experience
- Field-based or telephonic case management experience
- Experience with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
- Experience working within a managed care environment
- Bilingual Skills (fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, Chinese, etc.)
- Ability to navigate successfully in a metrics driven workplace while remaining focused on delivering excellence
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.