Leads the definition, design, and delivery of the experience for products and services that align business goals and end user needs and expectations. Demonstrates thought-leadership in design-thinking and serves as subject matter expert in user experience for the business as well as less experienced Designers.Position Responsibilities:
Nature & Scope:
- Implement user-centered design methods and/or design-thinking throughout the product development lifecycle, particularly for larger or more complex products, to shape the strategy and define deliverables specific to the end system or product.
- Serve in lead capacity with internal resources to explore multiple user-centered design concepts through whiteboard sessions, wireframes, and usability studies to gather end user feedback to continually improve the customer experience. Identify opportunities to leverage these across other products and businesses to ensure more cohesive end-to-end user scenarios.
- Facilitate design-thinking exercises with multi-disciplinary teams in the interest of properly identifying business problems, customer needs and expectations, and test-and-learn strategies.
- Partner with leaders in Product Management, Business, and Engineering to ensure their awareness of and leverage successful user experience standards and industry best practices across Bank systems or products.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
Complete other related duties as assigned.
User experience is the study and practice of creating software-based products from the perspective of the individuals that use the products. At M&T Bank, user experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and visually appealing products that people love.
A User Experience Designer integrates a solid understanding of the user into all design concepts with a goal of delivering solutions that users find intuitive, easy to use, and encourage further product usage. In a lead capacity, this position's responsibilities extend beyond design to include research, copywriting, and content strategy oversight, as well as seeking opportunities to leverage experiences across the organization.
The job holder strives to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide design of the experiences created. The position develops relationships and works closely with leaders in Product Management, Software Engineering, Marketing, and Business to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' related experience
- In lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years' related experience
Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different user experience methods, including when and how to apply them during product development processes
Experience dealing with ambiguity and leveraging qualitative and quantitative data as a means to bring clarity to abstract ideas
Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces and systems-thinking
Experience using modern design, prototyping and collaboration tools
Experience interacting with various multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
Strong collaboration skillsEducation and Experience Preferred:
Master's degree in a related field
Experience managing teams
Experience in creating use cases, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios and wireframes in the context of user research
Proficiency in industry best practices for desktop, mobile and web applications
Experience working with Product Managers, Product Designers and Product Marketers
Experience working in the financial industry
User Interface Design
User Centered Design