Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for a
Textile Engineer. The position serves as Textile Engineer for PM SPIE programs with duties as identified below:
- Serves as subject matter expert in the area of textile engineering for all aspects of assigned programs.
- Responsible for the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes requiring the application of a broad background and knowledge of textile materials and in the area of Functional Combat, Environmentally Protective and Specialized Clothing Systems and items.
- Serves as lead project officer for the research, design, development, fabrication, test and evaluation and materials integration of complex systems for a variety of Warfighter and Soldier platforms. Warfighter and Soldier Systems to protect against threats such as Environmental, Chemical, Biological, Flame, and Detection.
- Assignment area involves resolution of complex problems associated with the protection, survivability, and lethality of Warfighter and Soldiers in various combat and utility environments.
- Coordinates and conducts material system investigations and analysis to determine the feasibility of various advanced technological and product development approaches, to define design concepts and criteria for future programs or to resolve
major controversial problems in current programs.
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates development programs to ensure that technological approaches are adhered to in the development, integration and manufacturing of materials and Combat and Specialized Clothing Systems that must meet stringent functional and environmental requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates system performance against specification requirements, monitors and assesses field performance, and assesses risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Identifying material/end-item deficiencies, proposing sound technological concepts, recommending development programs to be undertaken and preparing funding estimates and time phasing requirements for achieving significant improvements.
- Initiates engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations as required.
- Maintains extensive liaison with other agencies to exchange information on related developments and obtains cooperative and/or transition agreements.
- Assist in the development of joint programs with industry to facilitate research in manufacturing processes and transitions the fabrication methodology for the manufacture of military clothing.
- Manages program and project fiscal resources allocated for RDTE programs and customer projects.
- Delivers briefings and prepares reports including interpretations, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Maintains active contact with industry, academia, and other organizations involved with research and development of related areas.
- Reviews program management documents to ensure accuracy and adequacy of technical contentS
Required Education – BS Engineering or Equivalent and 10 years relevant experience
- Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level II SPRDE certification.MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD CLEARANCE ; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce URL blocked - click to apply
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual — our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email URL blocked - click to apply
or call 1-877-422-4372URL blocked - click to apply