Amcor Rigid Packaging
Forklift Driver - Starting at $20.50
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
Responsible for correctly loading, moving and storing finished product to internal and external customers and local warehouse facilities. Supplies packaging materials for production on an on-going basis and maintains an adequate supply of packaging materials in designated areas to keep production running at optimum levels. Duties also include timely and correct movement of raw materials, supplies, and all other freight. Requires a basic understanding of the Injection and Blow Mold processes including part numbers, gram weights, and end-use customers.
Specific Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Operate forklift truck in accordance with OSHA Power Industrial Truck regulations and Amcor safety procedures.
- Locate and identify all material and product shipped to the warehouse including maintaining organization of rows in the warehouse for efficiency.
- Move finished goods product from production lines to the warehouse in assigned areas and loading trailers with finished product / preforms as assigned. Ensure performs are in required locations as needed.
- Unloads, moves and stores incoming materials by checking identification and reporting shortages or damaged materials. Moves materials to assigned areas using first-in / first-out (FIFO).
- Sorts dunnage to ensure materials are available for packaging department.
- Supplies materials to production areas on time and in order.
- Enters all data on-line with minimal errors. Accurately tickets finished products.
- Maintains all required documentation of trailer and forklift inspections, incoming materials, housekeeping and any other required documents.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Injection and Blow Mold packaging requirements, including both domestic and export products to assure that contaminated incoming / outgoing product or supplies are correctly segregated.
- Changes status of product as needed. Reworks damaged product.
- Cycle counts all inventory in the warehouse to include packaging supplies, as needed.
- Completes all required safety checks for fork trucks, trailers, and tractors.
- Demonstrates organizational ability to complete daily clean-up assignments, and adequately maintains good housekeeping throughout the entire area of responsibility.
- Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Amcor “Safety Contract” and other training. Understands and communicates all hazards and safety issues to co-workers, Leads and Managers. Properly uses all required personal protective equipment.
- Directly responsible for the proper support to all team members to ensure a positive team environment.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Warehouse Lead or Production Supervisor.
- Adheres to product safety regarding cleanliness and notification of any observations that may create a product safety risk to our customers.
- Immediately reports any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents in their departments.
- Takes reasonable care for self and others to prevent injury.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Required: Forklift certification provided through Amcor
Preferred: Previous warehouse and/or manufacturing work experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports and correspondence.
- Able to recognize and understand numbers and values.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and customer needs.
- Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions / judgement calls based on the situation at hand. Ability to work under pressure and interact with others.
- Ability to meet / exceed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate quickly and effectively with all members of the shift and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in electronic data-entry
- Possess the desire for continued learning both within the job position requirements and for personal advancement.
This is a medium physical demand job
☒Hear / Listen
☒Talk / Speak
☒Reach up and out
☒Push / Pull
☒Carry (amount 50+ lbs.)
☒Lift (amount 50+ lbs.)
☒Lift (amount < 50 lbs.)
☒Carry (amount < 50 lbs.)
☐Drive – Automobile/truck/van
- Continually drive a fork truck and occasionally stand / walk for up to 11 hours on a concrete floor.
- Employees must be able to work 12-hour shifts days or nights, including weekends and holidays.
- Proficient hand / eye coordination to drive a forklift and perform essential functions as a Warehouseperson.
- Lift / push / pull up to 1000 pounds 50 feet using a hydraulic hand jack (this is the equivalent of a static push / pull of approximately 70 pounds).
- Occasional frequency lifting weight of 60 pounds from ground to 4 feet overhead.
- Rare frequency carrying weight of 60 pounds for 10 feet.
Required Safety Equipment:
- Slip resistant, steel toed safety shoes with impact and electrical hazard protection
- Head protection
- Eye protection
- Hand protection
- Protective clothing
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Forklift Truck
- Packaging And Labeling
- Raw Materials