The Tool and Die Maker is responsible for repairing dies and injection molds and manufacturing precision tooling.
- Read and understand blueprints and sketches
- Reverse engineer broken parts and build replacement parts
- Set-up and operate standard machine shop tools
- Troubleshoot and repair basic electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components
- Examine and perform preventive maintenance on molds & dies
- Ability to prioritize issues working in a rapid paced environment
- Completes work orders as assigned and on time
- Must be able to make tooling to tolerances of plus or minus .0001”
- Exercise judgment to complete required machining tasks necessary to produce parts to print specifications.
- Assure product is produced meeting all quality requirements
- Follow all safety policies & procedures, including but not limited to, wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Proven ability to work with and on a team
- Recommends and implements process and productivity improvements
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2 year college or technical school or 2 years related experience and/or training or journeyman’s papers.
- Must possess strong basic shop math skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Basic computer skills with internet experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude/ability with working knowledge of stamping presses, press controls, dies and tooling
- MasterCam and SolidWorks knowledge preferred as well as…
- Haas CNC controllers
- Fanuc controllers
- Master Cam Mill
- Master Cam Lathe
- Heat treatment knowledge preferred.
- Hard surface machining knowledge preferred.
CNC Equipment Utilized for Machining
- HAAS VF3, VF4, VF5 Milling Machine
- Makino PS95 Milling Machine
- Makino V22 Milling Machine
- Doosan VM1260 Milling Machine
- Makino EDNC85 EDM
- Sodick AQ535L Wire EDM
- Hyundai WIA L280 Lathe
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality while cutting costs, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity, and works efficiently.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly, wears all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
Dependability and Attendance – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, commits to work hours, arriving on time each day, completes tasks on time
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders); bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping; fine work, pushing/pulling and low speed assembly. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Ames True Temper offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, paid holidays & vacation, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Electronic Dance Music (Edm)