System One has an immediate opening for a Vibration Engineer in the Denver area. This is an exciting, direct hire opportunity offering long term career growth, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for engineering consulting work supporting the energy industry. The primary function of the role will be to support client needs and internal project teams in the areas of component assessment, vibration troubleshooting, fatigue life determination, and related engineering mechanics fields.
The core work will involve instrumentation and analysis of dynamic components and/or structural systems. The position requires practical experience at designing and implementing testing programs, and a thorough working knowledge of typical industrial instrumentation/sensors and acquisition hardware. Responsibilities may also include design and analysis of ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel components (Sections III and XI), dynamic analysis, stress analysis, fatigue analysis, fracture mechanics, materials science, and related subjects.
The right candidate will have excellent communication skills (both oral and written), good judgment/problem solving ability, team leadership skills, individual initiative and drive, and a solid work ethic. Excellent computer skills are required for this position. The right candidate will also be intellectually curious and must have good attention to detail.
- Analysis of power plant components including pressure vessels, piping systems, operating machinery, and structural elements, using both classical and numerical methods.
- Assessment of vibration data obtained from mechanical or structural components’ development of recommendations to mitigate issues or prevent failures.
- Perform instrumentation projects at client sites
- Direct/oversee project work performed by other engineers
- Evaluate degraded or poorly performing components; develop recommendations for repair or remediation.
- Develop, update, and/or maintain in-house developed software for vibration testing and specialty instrumentation
- Identify and propose project opportunities to new clients
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience with analysis of dynamic systems, vibration testing, and/or failure analysis
- Working knowledge of machine componentry and vibration signals
- Strong technical aptitude, with ability/willingness to work with various hardware and software packages
- Capability to independently pursue, contract, and execute work as a consulting engineer
- Proficient in writing technical reports and proposals, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at software/scripting in one or more programming languages
- Ability to travel 40% of the time or more, seasonally, upon request.
- Vibration Institute certification, Level-III or higher
- Troubleshooting experience with vibration of mechanical or structural components.
- Background in dynamic data processing and analysis using Matlab, Labview, or similar tools
- Knowledge of modern finite element analysis (FEA) software, preferably ANSYS or Abaqus
- Working knowledge of typical industrial instrumentation/sensors (accelerometers, strain gages, proximity probes, thermocouples, etc.)
- Experience in applying ASME Code or similar standards (Section-III, Section-VIII, O-M Guidelines, etc.)
- Professional experience or coursework in fracture mechanics (linear-elastic and/or elastic-plastic)
- Leadership of engineering projects including staff, scheduling, budget and excellence of work product
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) / Engineer in Training (EIT) exam preferred; Professional Engineering (PE) License a plus
Finite Element Methods