Teijin Automotive Technologies is an innovative and full-service Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in development for lightweight technologies. Teijin Automotive offers employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking a Tool Maker - Journeyman for our Conneaut, Ohio Plant.
Hourly Pay Rate Range is $23.99 - $29.06.
Must be available to work 2nd shift.
Maintain and repair molds. Responding to all production calls from shift supervisors, regarding repairs and alterations to a mold or secondary equipment in production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate such equipment as lathes, grinders, milling machines, radial drill presses, shapers and plainers.
- Construct and repair special tooling molds and dies.
- Troubleshoot tooling problems/process problems and design special tools, fixtures, gauges, jigs, dies, etc.
- Provide tooling assessments and technical assistance to Program Coordinators/Managers.
- Assist the Engineering and Manufacturing departments in developing methods to incorporate process/product improvement ideas.
- Fabrication of jigs and fixtures as needed to support manufacturing operations.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Meet requirements as described in IATF 16949 and ISO-14001 procedures.
- Perform other tool room work as required.
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in work area as well as assigned areas by supervision.
- Has responsibility for continuous improvement, corrective actions and quality of products.
- Willingness to work overtime, holiday schedules and weekend if required to support manufacturing operations.
- Must be able to complete overhead crane and lock out tag out training.
Qualifications, Education and Requirements:
- Must possess problem solving and decision making skills.
- Able to work well without supervision.
- Adaptable to new ideas and responsibility.
- The ability to communicate precisely: verbally, in writing, and with sketches or technical drawings.
- Must be able to read and interpret mold drawings.
- Must have PC skills.
- Work well with others.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a threat of direct harm to himself, others or property.
- Understanding of basic statistics and math.
- Manual dexterity required in bending, lifting, and control of arms, wrists and hands in various positions.
- Visual acuity necessary.
- Able to analyze and solve production problems in relation to tooling and secondary, making judgments in priority.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training.
- Must complete and pass a lift truck (tow motor) safety and lock out procedure program.
- Certified Journey Man Tool Maker or equivalent documented experience required.
- SPCC (Spill Prevention Containment Countermeasures) - oil.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Business Process Improvement
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Decision Making