Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Pipeline
GDIT is seeking Telecommunications Technicians (Cable Installers) at various levels to perform installations, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems, in support of the USSOUTHCOM-SCITES Program.
- Install, set-up, rearrange, or remove switching, distribution, routing, and dialing equipment used in central offices or head-ends. Service or repair telephone, cable television, Internet, and other communications equipment on customers' property.
- Perform layout, installation, termination, labeling, testing and certification of all associated cabling, to include but not limited to, CAT 3, CAT 5, CAT 5e, and CAT 6 twisted pair cable; single- or multi-strand multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic cable; and other associated video and data cables primarily within government facilities.
- Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Supervision of others may be required.
- Clearance-Top Secret/SCI
- 1-5+ years of related installation experience
- AS/AA and additional experience will be considered in lieu of education on a case by case basis.
- Specialized training in EIA/TIA 568 and 569 cable standards preferred.
- Multi-vendor equipment experience is strongly preferred.
- BICSI installation certification is strongly preferred.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Category 3 Cable
Category 5 Cabling
Category 6 Cabling