To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- White Plains, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Byram Healthcare, Staff Accountant
Byram Healthcare • White Plains, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares journal entries, documents financial transactions, and summarizes current financial status on specific key accounts.
2. Maintains internal control systems and reconciles financial accounts to supporting documentation.
3. Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.
4. Maintains proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
5. Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciles accounts each month.
6. Creates Ad Hoc reports as requested by the organization.
7. Provides detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions.
8. Prepares documentation for external auditors when needed.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required; Master's Degree preferred
- Two or more years of experience in a public accounting firm
- CPA certification preferred
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Manages time and resources effectively through strong organization, multi-tasking, delegation, time management and project management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- May work extended hours on occasion