The Welcome Baby (WB) Program is a free, voluntary home visitation program which includes visits with the family prenatally, in the hospital, and during the postpartum period. The purpose of the program is to provide primary health prevention, parent education, and to invite and welcome families into an array of services and support elements developed in their community. As a key member of the team, the hospital liaison will be based in the hospital setting, working to engage all families after delivery, and enroll new families into the program. They will work closely with the WB nurse and Parent Coaches to ensure continuation of services after maternal/infant hospital discharge. Responsibilities include conducting an assessment with each eligible client, observing parent infant interaction; assessing involvement of partner, level of social support, infant feeding, maternal depression and providing breastfeeding support and newborn health education in a culturally sensitive manner.Qualifications
- Experience in maternal and newborn services, and/or early childhood education preferred.
- Previous work experience in hospital setting or MD office a plus.
- Background in conducting standardized family assessments assessing family needs, risks and support services required.
- Speak and understand English well, bilingually proficient in Spanish preferred. Experience with computer software programs as well as data entry.
- BA degree in child development, social work, psychology, human development, public health, social studies, anthropology, human services, women’s studies or related field; and at least one year previous work experience in maternal and newborn health services.
- Must be a Certified Lactation Educator or willing to complete the certification process as a condition of hire.
- Must have current CPR certification by American Heart Association.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California State Driver's License, valid vehicle registration, and liability insurance.
United States-California-Long BeachPrimary Location: Schedule: