We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The social worker counsels for long-term planning, community resources, and assesses psycho/social factors as requested. The social worker attends meetings and educational programs as required and documents appropriately in medical records. The social worker provides emotional support to patients and families/caregivers as needed. Completes other duties as assigned. Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Master's in Social Work, Required, or has satisfactorily completed all requirements for the MSW but awaiting conferment by the educational facility, for all Social Worker IIs hired after 12/25/2011.(Social Worker IIs hired before December 2011 met previous job description education requirements.)
- Current license in Social Work in the state of employment (LMSW, LCSW), Minimum
- 0-2 years experience in acute care hospital setting, Minimum Preferred
- BLS (CPR) at hire date, required, or within 90 days of hire
Other Skills & Knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong assessment skills, time management skills, critical thinking skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- The assessment, care and treatment provided by Social Worker II will be consistent with the specific age-related needs of the patient. Is competent to care for patient age groups including neonatal/infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric adult patients.
- Skills and knowledge of human behavior and clinical aspects of medical Social Work.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and situations at all levels of the organization.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care
- Critical Thinking