Serving the needs of the Leavenworth community since 1864, Saint John Hospital continues in the spirit of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth. These brave women answered the call of Bishop Miege to come to the Kansas territory in 1858 providing schools, orphanages, and care for the sick. Today, Prime Healthcare continues this legacy as Saint John Hospital and is home to innovative, patient-centered, health care, quality physicians, and compassionate staff.
Our Senior Behavioral Health unit at Saint John Hospital is a 30-bed unit that provides a welcoming, safe, supportive environment where patients receive care based on their individualized needs. Our interdisciplinary approach includes a highly qualified and experienced team of professionals who offer a variety of treatment modalities.
Our Senior Behavioral Health unit provides superior service to its patients and their families, and we are seeking a Director of Behavioral Health who can lead this team to excellence! If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you would enjoy, we are eager to speak with you today!
The Director of Behavioral Health is a Registered Nurse who assumes 24 hour administrative responsibility for the management of all Behavioral Health Program functions. Supervises, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care. Develops and implements programmatic plans, including performance improvement activities and compliance with current regulations. Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the Behavioral Health program(s) and effectively utilizes employee resources, time responsibilities for the unit and is directly accountable to the CNO/Administrator/CEO. Communicates with staff, physicians and administration both written and verbally. Develops and administers comprehensive Behavioral Health Programing that responds to the patient demographic needs and support the organizations overall mission, philosophy, and goals. Integrates the Behavioral Health Services into the continuum of care, as appropriate to the facility needs; provides leadership, direction and clinical supervision in accordance with the organizational and departmental goals and objectives.
Education and Work Experience
1. Must have a current and valid Registered Nurse Licensure.
2. Master's degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing, (preferred)
3. Must have a Bachelor’s degree, with at least 2 years’ experience in psychiatric nursing providing care to the mentally ill, or be qualified by education and experience in the care of the mentally ill, in accordance with local and state regulatory requirements.
4. Must have minimum of two (2) years management experience with Behavioral Health Care programs.
5. Must have BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
6. Behavioral Violence Prevention within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
7. Must have working knowledge of mental health laws and practice standards.
8. Must have knowledge of the continuum of care for behavioral health treatment.
9. Must have excellent verbal, written, and management skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Psychiatric Services - Saint John Hospital
#mentalhealth #mentalhealthcareer #mentalhealthjobs #mentalhealthrn #rn #rnjobs #director #leavenworth #LI-CL1
Psychiatric And Mental Health Nursing
Mental Health Nursing