* As a Commercial Field Service Technician, you will be empowered to work across the entire Tesla organization to problem solve and ensure the success of our Commercial Energy field service execution. You will diagnose, troubleshoot, and perform preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla's commercial products such as solar PV systems, energy storage, and electric vehicle charging stations.
* Perform required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage
* Respond to corrective maintenance cases on all commercial energy products and updating online case logs accurately
* Work closely with members of the Operations Engineering Systems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested
* Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts
* Respond to customers' concerns with the performance or functionality of their system
* Electrical trades experience with troubleshooting power electronics and low voltage controls
* Previous experience working with power/hand tools, electrical equipment, and ability to navigate numerous computer applications and technology independently
* Ability to travel to numerous sites daily and travel up to 2 weeks at a time with short notice and flexibility to work on weekends and overtime
* Ability to work at great heights, work in extreme environments, perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, lift at least 50 pounds frequently
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and an acceptable and safe driving record
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Commercial Field Service Technician
for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
- Construction Toolkits
- Defensive Driving
- Electrical Installation Work
- Low Voltage
- Preventive Maintenance
- Problem Solving