Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Join us today!
Role and Responsibilities:
* Verify that correct materials and supplies are available to run the assigned jobs.
* Verify that the plates are correct for producing the job; check copy, position, etc.
* Verify that the color is correct and within specifications.
* Maintain constant checks throughout the production run for print registration, color, quality or print, cutting, and creasing.
* Notify supervisor of shortages as soon as it becomes apparent that the run would be short and prior to removing the make ready from the press.
* Properly store spot sheets as well as proper storage and maintenance of dies, gears, cylinders and plates after the run is complete.
* Complete appropriate forms for repairs or replacements for dies, stripping cylinders or plates and included with the job ticket.
* Responsible for maintaining productivity and acceptable quality on all assigned orders, while holding waste to a minimum.
* Responsible for notifying maintenance department of all needed repairs and preventative maintenance.
* Correctly complete all required paperwork; i.e., daily production time sheet, job ticket, time card, roll tags, etc.
* Stacking or packing of blanks in an orderly fashion to forward to the Finishing or Shipping Department.
* Clean anilox rolls thoroughly after each run; soda blast when needed.
* Responsible for maintaining safe press practices, proper preventive maintenance and a clean work area.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shift: 2nd Shift
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Quality conscious and customer focused.
* Self-directed individual with outstanding decision making and problem solving skills.
* Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Ability to solve practical problems that deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Outlook and have the ability to learn company specialized software programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job during an 8-12 hour shift, the employee is occasionally required to: lift approximately 100 pound roll shafts from floor to waist level and lift from thigh to chest level 125-140 pound die chases (with aid from the assistant operator); lift 20-25 pound print cylinders from the floor to the above waist level; carry up to 40 pound ink containers from a distance of up to 100 feet away.
Regularly during the production runs, cartons or blanks with or without scrap must be taken from a continuous conveyor that is at waist level. Blanks must be jogged, scrap removed and the blanks stacked in units weighing from 5-30 pounds on pallets. Stacking will begin at floor level and reach heights of a maximum of 68". During the scrapping of waste, a repetitive twisting and bending action involving the wrist and lower arm is required. Must have the ability to walk and stand on concrete floors for 8-12 hour shifts. Working with inks, varnishes, alcohol, solvents and other chemicals and supplies. Working in an environment with paper dust suspended in the air.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25 to a maximum of 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Die Cutter Finishing Operator- 2nd Shift
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
* Pay Type Hourly
* Oak Creek, WI 53154, USA
- Decision Making
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook