Job Title: General Roadway Engineering Manager
Project: Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project
Office Location: 240 Corporate Blvd. Norfolk, VA 23502
URL blocked - click to apply is a subsidiary of URL blocked - click to apply, a global infrastructure development company that leads the ENR ranking of International Contractors.
We not only encourage personal growth and a career path designed by each employee we hire, we surround you with a great team to assure diversity and success.
Along with our partners, we have the necessary size, resource base and expertise to take on the comprehensive design and management of large infrastructure projects from conception to completion.
The Joint Venture including Dragados USA (42%), VINCI (33%), and Flatiron Constructors (25%) has been awarded with a $3.3B design-build contract for the I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, which is the largest construction contract awarded in the history of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
- Managing construction operations for project roadway construction
- Coordinating activities of first tier subcontractors and their second tier specialty subcontractors
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with safety, quality control, and administrative procedures
- Coordinate segment activities with Dragados support groups (safety, quality control, survey, structures, MOT, and cost control)
- Assist in the maintenance of records for the reservation of Dragados contractual position with respect to disputes and claims
- Assist in the evaluation of subcontractor's claims for additional time and compensation and assist in the negotiation of subcontractor change orders.
- Ensure proper oversight and deployment of Dragados project personnel and equipment
- Ten (10) – fifteen (15) years of experience in management of construction of major infrastructure projects (100 million + road and bridges)
- Experience in large urban projects with heavy traffic
- Project experience with projects up to 200M minimum
- Extensive experience with MOT coordination
- Degree in civil engineering or construction management
- Competent with Microsoft office suite and knowledge of Primavera preferred
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.
Dragados USA Inc., in an Equal Opportunity Employer