To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Texarkana, TX 75505
- Day & Zimmermann
- Phone: (215) 299-8428
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Quality Engineer- Continuous Improvement
Day & Zimmermann • Texarkana, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position can be based in either Texarkana, Texas or Parsons, Kansas.
Provides direct Quality Engineering support on assigned programs in a collaborative team environment during all phases of current production and new product development.
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Quality experience and certification(s) such as CQE, CQA, CSQE, CQM or equivalent.
- Munitions manufacturing experience.
- Experience deploying and driving initiatives across multiple sites including suppliers.
- Ability to plan and lead program level manufacturing quality organization work, including training, supporting customer-driven activities to accomplish company goals, based on sound quality management theory and practice in all aspects of the quality program, processes and related performance metrics. Strong knowledge of industry recognized Quality and Business Management Systems, e.g. ISO-9001 or others.
- Ability to interpret Drawings, Specifications and Contracts that will enable development and review of manufacturing processes and related performance metrics. Demonstrated ability to effectively use the corrective and preventive action process to analyze and resolve technical and process issues varying from basic to very complex. Test equipment hardware knowledge or background skills.
- Effective communication skills: Written, Oral, Listening, Presentation, Technical writing. Effective interpersonal skills, including Team building and Collaboration
- Ability to obtain a security clearance. Ability to travel.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop proactive measures to ensure product/process quality with focus on variation management across sites and at critical suppliers based on AS9103.
- Develop and maintain operational excellence metrics for both sites and critical suppliers.
- Leads and coordinates CI initiatives, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Problem-Solving, Kaizen events and other improvement activities.
- Drive strategic improvement in performance through statistical analysis by coordinating with Operations, Engineering, Suppliers and Customers.
- Lead investigations for significant quality events with a strong focus on root cause analysis and corrective actions that include mistake proofing.
- Develop and maintains optimum methods of controlling quality and reliability of product or service in assigned areas such as: statistical methods, tooling and gaging, inspection methods, and program planning.
- Lead business process improvements and technology implementations supporting operations, new Product Launches and Manufacturing Strategies, Transition Projects, Lean Deployment, and VA/VE Projects.
- Lead process improvement teams and facilitates timely completion of projects that support critical goals and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Works with process owners and business unit leaders to facilitate setting priorities, developing agendas and designing objectives.
- Train and coach process owners in the use of CI tools and methodology to create process management and measurement systems and develop a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Develop and communicates business cases including cost / benefit analysis to support recommendations for changes to current business practices and processes, and develops controls to monitor the progress associated with implementation of recommended changes.
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, reduce cost, increase net income, enhance productivity, and further employee performance.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, and project resources and teams.
- Serve as the point of contact for specific project initiatives and best practices.
What You Need To Bring To The Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related STEM curriculum.
- Manufacturing experience- 10+ years.
- Lean and or Six Sigma Certification- Black Belt preferred.
- Experience with Variation Management of Key Characteristics (AS9103), APQP or equivalent Risk Management framework- 5+ years.
- Valid driver's license is required
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now!
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that employers analyze and document essential position functions for all positions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
These are the essential functions required for this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery)
- Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching etc.)
- Stooping (e.g., bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g., reaching arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than 5 pounds
- Repetitive motions of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Fingering (e.g., picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses the fingers
- Grasping (e.g., use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g., perceiving an objects size, shape, texture etc.)
- Climbing (e.g., ascending/descending ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps, pole etc. using feet and legs or hands/arms to climb)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus over long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally (e.g., accurately, quick and loudly convey spoken instructions to workers)
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab required
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company's office or work site
Occasional Travel required 1-4 weeks/year
About Day & Zimmermann
About Day & Zimmermann
Day & Zimmermann is a century-old, family-owned company whose 21,000 employees specialize in construction & engineering, staffing and defense solutions for leading corporations and governments around the world. Operating from more than 150 worldwide locations with 2.2 Billion USD in revenue, Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes. Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, our first work was to develop "Betterment Reports" that helped modernize American factories. Today, we are still in the business of betterment -- maintaining the nation's power infrastructure, protecting American freedoms and driving technological advancements around the world. We do what we say.®
Our customers rely on us because they can - from our deep industry knowledge and technical expertise, to our financial stability as a privately-held company and 100 year plus track record of success, Day & Zimmermann gets the job done. We do what we say® by drawing strength from our values, making them part of everything we do. They capture the essence of what our company stands for:
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made.
Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email
, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.