Are you a driven and motivated Sales professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, building relationships with customers, collaborating with great internal teams, being innovative to achieve business results? Then join one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! We have built a culture that places enormous value on each individual, our animals, the environment and the communities we all share. Smithfield Foods and our Sales teams are consistently evolving and looking for individuals that can help foster relationships and achieve results to impact our bottom line!
As a Sales Team member, your primary responsibility would be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales on key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Whether it is bacon, ham, fresh pork or another product category you will work directly with the customers and cross-functional with everyone from Business Management to our Plant Operations to deliver the service and products to our customers and consumers.
The Senior Sales Analyst is responsible for monitoring and coordinating statistical information to support sales functions, monitoring sales achievements vs. sales plan and previous years, developing analytical reports based on market intelligence and providing information to the sales planning process based on knowledge of market data. The Sales Analyst also prepares reports for and works with sales and marketing during the planning process, monitors sales and analyzes performance trends to identify issues and opportunities. Core Responsibilities
- Provides support for the sales team to include coordination or analysis of sales planning and administration activities.
- Compiles and analyzes reports in compliance with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements. Reports may include: margin, pricing, fill rates, pending orders, shipment performance, forecasting, vendor payment inquiries, individual sales revenue to cost, profit and loss, weekly sales report, and tracking key performance indicators.
- Creates concise reports and trend line analyses from raw data by collecting and analyzing sales related information in an ongoing effort to increase sales productivity.
- Provides assistance to sales and trade activities for distribution to a variety of functional areas including Demand Planning, Business Management, Sales and Trade.
- Liaison between the customer and company in all aspects of the Orders to Cash process.
- Manages customer specific couponing and scorecard.
- Monitors budgets by tracking spending and completing budget reports; complete the annual budget proposal, researching past expenditures, compiling data, and projecting expenditures for the following year.
- Provides forecast input formats to Field Sales by hierarchy level. Updates forecast inputs to ensure accuracy and ease of use. Receives internal/external information related to volume forecast and compiles reports.
- Develops reports through the Business Intelligence (BI), Blacksmith Trade Planning Tool and SAP systems.
- Acts as the liaison between the field and the company help desk. Reviews and assists with the implementation of new and current hardware and software applications and initiatives for field sales.
- Manages broker contracts, monthly brokerage reports, customer changes, rate changes, inquiries, payment adjustment approvals.
- Coordinates all retail execution with broker partner.
- Assists in coordinating meetings, food shows and other special events.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Marketing or related field and 3+ years’ experience in data analytics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
- Experience with Business Warehouse, SAP, Blacksmith, Vistex, or Sales Discovery is preferred.
- Experience with Nielsen/IRI and other syndicated data, preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and excellent customer service skills.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits