Apply to join Shiseido Americas, one of the top cosmetics companies in the world! For 150 years, Shiseido has celebrated the power of beauty - we are PEOPLE FIRST and strive for BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD.
Shiseido offers competitive salaries based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with 4% employer contributions
- 14 paid company holidays
- 23 days annual PTO for all new hires
- Generous bonus program
- 40% employee discounts for our brands
- $1,000 company gratis program
- Tuition reimbursement and much more!
We encourage our employees to grow their skillsets through learning and development courses as well as advance their careers through internal mobility opportunities. Here at the Shiseido Manufacturing Plant located in East Windsor, NJ, we work to show our employees appreciation by providing year-round opportunities to volunteer and donate to charity, enjoy annual employee appreciation celebrations, and rewards for exemplary safety practices. Learn more about joining our team below and at careers.shiseido.com.
Responsible for the safe, timely and efficient execution of the production schedule while meeting all quality objectives and conforming to all GMP requirements. Responsible for the daily activities of all direct Production personnel, ensuring that all operations are executed efficiently, effectively without compromising safety or quality.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing the daily production schedule and priorities including reviewing with the Planning department, and identification and resolution of bottlenecks. Ensure the daily schedule is executed without any compromise to safety or quality.
- Responsible for monitoring, enforcing and modeling all safety, quality and GMP policies.
- Responsible for monitoring efficiency results and identifying and implementing improvement plans.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing training needs and identifying, hiring and training new employees.
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of quality issues, deviations and the implementation of corrective actions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new department initiatives (5S, OEE, Kaizan).
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Production Assemblers
- Production Setups
- Material Handlers
- Checkpoint Personnel
- Line Leaders
- Senior Line Leaders
- Production Supervisors
- Maintenance Management
- Quality Control Inspectors
- Quality Control Management
-Direct reports to ensure departmental objectives are being met, procedures are being followed, and proper training is being planned and executed.
-Quality: A strong collaborative relationship with the Quality department is required for the identification and implementation of corrective actions related to quality issues found in production.
-Planning: The Supervisor will interact with the Planning team on a daily basis in order to set the proper weekly production goals that meet both the Customer's needs and optimize the Production department's performance goals.
-Maintenance & Technical: The Supervisor will work with both the Maintenance & Technical teams to identify projects to improve performance and to plan and execute line trials to support new product launches.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Industrial management.
- 3 years of experience in Production operation in Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals or Consumer Goods companies, with leadership experience
- Knowledge of Filling and Assembly processes and High-Speed machine are preferred.
- Ability to interpret process documentation and develop full-scale processes.
- Understanding of GMP manufacturing.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership: Ability to effectively lead others in achieving shared goals and assignments
- Dependability: Ability to follow through on assignments and complete in a timely and competent manner.
- Communication: Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience with TPM Management System (Total Productivity Management and Lean Management are advantageous
- Bilingual (Spanish) is advantageous.
Our Principles serve as the working principles that every Shiseido employee must follow. These eight working principles – known as “TRUST 8” – are based on the idea that mutual trust is the key to succeeding in Our Mission.
THINK BIG – Adapt a big-picture perspective. Deliver new values through creativity.
TAKE RISKS – Embrace risk. Practice “Trial & Error & Trial”.
HANDS ON – Consider front-line realities when making decisions. Take the lead from end-to-end.
COLLABORATE – Break free from the silo mentality. Leverage the diverse capabilities of colleagues.
BE OPEN – Be transparent. Create an environment that encourages everyone to speak up – even if it is bad news.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY – Be sincere and humble at all times.
BE ACCOUNTABLE – Commit to the goal. Take accountability for the execution.
APPLAUD SUCCESS – Create a culture that celebrates success.
Shiseido is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law
- Consumer Product
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)