At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you'll get to make a difference on day one. You'll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
American Axle & Manufacturing has an opening for an Engineer at its facility in Subiaco, AR.
The specialty area will be a focus on the powdered metal side of the operation.
The Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in the design and manufacture of Powdered Metal components and technologies. On the job training is provided in becoming familiar/fluent with this side of the business. Apply and join our team today!
* Provide preliminary design input/assess feasibility of part candidates for the PM process.
* Work with the customer's engineering personnel to develop design detail for efficient PM part production.
* Have a detailed understanding of materials available, specific processing vital and performance limitations to recommend appropriate materials/process.
* Stay informed of technical developments in the industry, determine how they could affect/or be applied to our business segment.
* Tool design from concept to production.
* Integrity of PM tool drawing files.
* Work with manufacturing to convey concept/plans/concerns with tool design/part design/setup during developmental period preceding PPAP.
* Provide technical mentorship/troubleshooting pertaining to machine setups/manufacturing processing in the PM Plant, subcontracted as well as limited support in the machining plant.
* Continuous improvement of existing tooling.
* Provide revisions to press tooling assembly drawings.
* Write and maintain P.M. raw material internal specifications.
* Project management responsibilities as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES WITHIN THE QUALITY SYSTEM:
* Identification of problems, development or a relationship with customers, record ideas and submit suggestions for continuous improvement to upper management.
* Must possess good analytical, effective planning and problem-solving skills and statistical ability.
* Office, manufacturing plant/machine shop environment with occasional out-of-town travel required.
* Three years experience preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* General written and oral communication skills.
* Basic digital literacy required to use word processors, spreadsheets, and CAD software.
* Project management skills with the ability to connect with all levels of internal and external customers.
Required Skills and Education
BS in Engineering or equivalent
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 80 facilities in 17 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Engineer
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring