ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
Performs maintenance and repairs on all Agency facilities. Repairs may include but are not necessarily limited to plumbing, electrical work and carpentry. Maintains all facilities in a safe and orderly manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs as necessary where code permits as well as painting, spackling and other repairs as required.
- Periodic inspection of Agency facilities.
- Recommend maintenance equipment needs to supervisor.
- Called upon to handle emergency repairs during off hours.
- Required to submit appropriate paperwork and status information on a regular basis.
- Moving office furniture, file boxes, etc., as requested
- Other related duties that may become necessary or as required by supervisor.
- The assigned maintenance vehicle, to be used to travel to various Agency work sites, must be kept clean and organized at all times for ease of access and safety.
- It is the responsibility of the Maintenance Worker to notify his supervisor or the Transportation Department when the assigned vehicle requires repair or service (Oil changes, etc)
REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma with experience in plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work. Valid driver’s license is required. Basic computer skills required. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to use ladders up to 20 ft.