Froehling & Robertson, Inc., (F&R) has been proudly engineering stability in the country since 1881. In addition to being one of the oldest independent testing/engineering companies, F&R is also a minority-owned business offering competitive compensation/benefits and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect for all! Our shared F&R/Employee values include: Safe & Healthy Work Environment, Value & Respect for F&R Employees and Clients, Trustworthiness, Technical Excellence, Continuous Improvement, and Financial Success.
We're always on the lookout for FRESH and ENERGIZED talent; individuals and professionals who are not afraid to get their boots and hats a little dirty from the ruffles of the journey to engineering stability together.
Come be a part of this talented and dedicated team.
Join stability. Apply now!
Who we’re looking for:
This position will be responsible for performing subsurface field investigations, acting as a technical expert, and overseeing the rig crew in a variety of locations, ranging from interstate highways to remote and difficult to access locations. Responsibilities include SPTs, hollow-stem augers, mud-rotary drilling, rock coring, and pavement investigations under general supervision.
What you’ll be doing:
Including but not limited to:
- Performs site recons, chainsaw clearing, hand augers, SPT drilling, mud-rotary drilling, and rock coring
- Performs subsurface field investigations on routine projects and projects with high complexity
- Oversees and mentors Driller Helpers and Driller I’s and Driller II’s to ensure safety and productivity standards are met.
- Oversee multiple drill crews on large contracts in order to meet client requirements
- Consults and assists engineering staff with scope and cost estimating on large drilling projects
- Uses GPS to log the location of a site’s boreholes and link it to other information about the worksite
- Follows all safety regulations
- Performs material inventory as needed/assigned
- Tracks daily work installed
- Inputs timesheets and expenses electronically
- Upholds F&R mission statement and Core Values in all aspects of work
What you need to have:
- 15+ years’ experience providing drilling services
- Experience with HSA, SPT, mud rotary, and/or rock coring required
- Demonstrates high proficiency in drilling techniques in all areas
- High School Degree or GED required
- State-issued well driller certification preferred
- Class B CDL required, Class A CDL preferred or able to obtain after employment
- Ability to problem solve, accessing roadblocks with poise and control
- Strong project or task management skills, including scheduling, execution and follow-up
- Should have basic math skills
- Good customer relations skills
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Must be able to write legibly
- Must have ability to follow instructions
- Ability to lift heaving tooling (approximately 50-75 lbs) repetitively and perform laborious work daily
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, and bend
- Ability to frequently push, pull, and reach above shoulder
- Ability to occasionally squat, kneel, crawl and climb
- Ability to work outside in frequent changes of temperatures
- Ability to work in environments containing dust, fumes, and chemicals
- Ability to frequently drive to and from work sites, must have valid driver’s license with good-standing driving record
- Ability to travel overnight (up to 65%)
Check out our Perks + Benefits:
In addition to our welcoming company culture and competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy the below benefits:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Assigned company drilling support truck
- Company provided uniforms
- Company paid training with groups such as NDA, NGA, and State Well Drilling Licenses
- Company paid training for other certifications when required
- In-House continuous training
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 401K retirement
- Company Cell Phone
***COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate***
Froehling & Robertson, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, you must demonstrate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. If you cannot get vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption as a reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other reason protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
F&R participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Task Management