To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Safety Attendant - Float Pool - Per Diem/Varied
Antelope Valley Hospital • Lancaster, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Job Objective: Under the direction of a licensed nurse, provides special observations of patients through the performance of a variety of non-professional nursing duties. This position is utilized to provide a safe environment for the patient, especially those who are restrained or unrestrained, who need closer observation due to confusion or acting out behavior to prevent injury to self or others and/or elopement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides observation of patient per doctor’s order
- Prevents contamination and/or transfer of infection by adhering to all infection prevention protocols and Standard Precautions of the hospital
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment
- Communicates observations to the Registered Nurse or the Charge Nurse in a timely manner
- Documentation: observations of patient’s condition
- Assists in special projects/assignments as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Antelope Valley Hospital
- Ability to understand and follow/deliver written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate in an empathetic manner with patients and their families/visitors
- Ability to organize work and establish priorities
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and meet time parameters
- Ability to participate effectively in department and hospital staff education
- Ability to meet basic health requirements and physical job standards
Core Competencies: All AVH employees will effectively demonstrate these behaviors:
Ethics & Values
Integrity & Trust
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or the equivalent
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
(Please reference key physical and working conditions)
- Work can be hectic and requires both physical and mental dexterity
- On occasion, may be called upon to assist with the physical management of assaultive behaviors
- Orientation of patients in restraints and other duties to be performed while attending a patient will be provided by the Registered Nurse caring for the patient
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.