To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA 95110
- Richard Rasay
- Phone: 408-573-1111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Randstad USA • San Jose, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
An industry leading electronic manufacturing services provider known for high-quality, complex opto-mechanical, PCBA & electrical assemblies, is looking for a Rockstar Cost Accountant who thrives in a high pace and demanding environment. This Cost Accountant will operate within a small team that will have high visibility and therefore excellent growth potential.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly and quarterly gross margin analysis by customers
- Responsible for month End closing, investigating work order, scrap, rework, PPV variances, Sales versus cost of sales analysis
- Daily inventory revaluation, tasks include determining inventory on-hand and on-order financial impact and summarize the results for the Finance Director to approve
- Analyze all aspect of cost accounting data and assist with daily cycle count/quarterly physical inventory
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile monthly sales, cost of sales, Gross margin dollar impact and percentage, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Track and analyze PPV (Purchase Price Variance)
- Track and analyze Freight in by customers (analyzing monthly freight margin)
- Track weekly Direct labor, and analyze overtime expenses against OT revenue
- Maintain and update monthly cost allocation by customers and work with Corporate General Accounting to implement the monthly allocation
- Assist with preparing the weekly customer P&L
- Support and assist internal department with reporting requirements such as weekly shipment report and others
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of GAAP and Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be able to work in fast pace and interchangeable New Business Introduction environment and be able to work overtime as needed to deliver results in compressed time
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP system is a preferred
- Advanced Excel is preferred
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Contract Manufacturing background is a plus
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
If you think you have the qualifications to take this organization to the next level, or know of someone, please contact me at email@example.com for a confidential conversation and resume review.
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.