Pay $13 - $14
Will pay up to $15 will Lumber Yard Experience
Bilingual is a Plus
7:00 am to 5:00 or 6:00
Forklift - Sit Down Hyster 80-Must be experienced in lifting large heavy Bundles of Lumber or similar product.
Material Handler performs a full scope of yard and warehouse responsibilities. They support the needs of their location and create smooth sailing for the team. This reliable team member is responsible for use of hand controlled forklifts and forklift operation, loading and unloading all lumber and building materials, receiving and shipping, picking orders, stocking and counting inventory, monitoring quality of goods and products, and completing all necessary paperwork thoroughly and accurately. This team member also assists in sales-related administrative and customer service activities.
1. Pull lumber needed to produce any product manufactured in a single plant location.
2. May assemble metal plates for component production.
3. Stack or rake finished goods at the end of a production line in a manufacturing location.
4. Other duties as assigned by location management.
5. A combination of one to three months of directly related training and/or experience is typically required for carrying out the responsibilities for this job.
6. Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
7. Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
8. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
9. Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other device.
10. Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
11. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
12. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
13. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
14. Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products.
15. Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
16. Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers, such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
17. May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
1. Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED.
2. Read and use a measuring tape and other basic tools.
3. Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.