Experience is essential for this role!
1. Being accountable for holistic direction of plant sanitation program for plant, warehouse and plant grounds. This includes compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and all food safety policies and procedures
2. Responsible for compliance with all regulations. Food Safety plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, guidelines followed. Compliance with food safety policies and procedures.
3. Evaluating facility sanitary conditions, assessing risk based on food safety and public health principles, prioritizing corrective actions, and verifying sanitation activities and validation testing
4. Direct crew of up to 16 hourly employees daily.
5. Routinely interfaces with vendors for cost savings, ordering departmental supplies, and arranging special services in plant.
6. Manage contracted programs for sanitation to ensure completion of sanitation activities including the maintenance and adherence to the Master Sanitation Schedule (Client)
7. Responsible for monthly Sanitation Audits
Frequently demonstrated experience in sanitation and food safety Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook,Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Able to read Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP's)
Reading and writing of Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP's)
Experience Required Previous Sanitation Management Experience is crucial!
Chemical Composition Experience Extensive experience in plant quality/food safety/sanitation
Education Required HS/GED
Education Preferred Bachelor's degree and experience in plant quality/food safety/sanitation or MS degree in food science