To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
15T UH-60 Utility Helicopter Repairer
Army National Guard • Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Posted 27 days ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
The UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter is the best-in-class, multi-mission performer used for combat assault, search and rescue, medevac, and firefighting missions. Your responsibility as the UH-60 Utility Helicopter Repairer will be to sustain the longevity and reliability of these aircraft, keeping them ready for tomorrow’s mission today.
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on Black Hawk helicopters to ensure that these aircraft remain safe and ready to fly. This includes all requisite inspections, service, and maintenance of aircraft and subsystems.
• Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies such as engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions and mechanical flight controls
• Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems
• Prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks
• Assist in diagnosing/troubleshooting
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Engine disassembly and repair
• Repair of aluminum, steel and fiberglass airframes/coverings
• Fix hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems
• Preference in mathematics and shop mechanics
• Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an UH-60 Utility Helicopter Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 15 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.