Provide direct behavioral interventions to individuals supported by the agency. Must be willing to flex schedule according to individual’s needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess behavioral health needs, develop and implement appropriate plan of interventions, assess and modify plan in response to changing behavioral health needs of individuals served.
2. Develop system for collecting objective data regarding the skills and needs of the individual’s served.
3. Provide hands-on and administrative training effectively by supervising the general behavioral needs of each individual served while promoting a person-centered approach to behavioral supports.
4. Interact with other support staff and administration to ensure continuity and coordination of care.
5. Document information and treatments in accordance with DDD, DYFS, and Benchmark requirements.
6. Manage programs as therapeutic environments where applicable which may include
7. picture exchange communication, augmentative communication, picture schedules, sensory
8. programming and Positive Behavioral Supports.
9. Communicate effectively with supervisor, other support staff, individuals served, families, school personnel/day programming personnel, and other outside agencies as appropriate. Participate in meetings, to include the Behavior Management Meeting, the Human Rights Meeting, and staff meetings as appropriate.
10. Provide training for individuals served in the areas of managing behavioral needs.
11. Provide training for other support staff on specific behavioral support methods, the Mandt System, and plans related to the specific needs of the individuals served.
12. Review the implementation of approved support plans/programs.
13. Respond to crises and interventions as needed.
14. Review pertinent records of individuals on a need to know basis, while following HIPAA (Health Information Portability Accountability Act of 1996) guidelines.
15. Recommend policies and procedures on behavioral support/intervention/planning as new methods become available.
16. Participate in appropriate professional growth and continuing education opportunities.
17. Works with each individual’s treatment team, school/day programming personnel, IDT members, and all other interested parties to build self-esteem and social capitol for each individual served.
18. Successfully completes required residential and CPEP training including: CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, Abuse and Neglect, Overview of Developmental Disabilities, In House Orientation, Crisis Management/The Mandt System, New Hire, Danielle’s Law, HIPPA, PBS 1 and 2, Mental Health Supports, and Applied Positive Behavior Support.
19. Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor.
20. Will perform all duties necessary to meet state approved objectives, including the requirement that the employee cooperate with Benchmark Human Services and staff from the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) as well as the Department of Children and Families (DCF) in any inspection or investigation.
21. Remain current in training offered by DDD (CPR/SFA) as well as those offered by Benchmark.
22. Other duties as assigned
23. Ensure the health, safety and respect of individuals served
24. Reports to work as scheduled
1. Completion of or currently enrolled Graduate Certificate or Master’s level Coursework in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
2. Applicant must be 21 years old
3. At a minimum employee must have a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Special Education, Sociology, Guidance and Counseling or Social Work
4. One year experience in working with developmentally disabled persons involving behavior modification required.
5. Provide and maintain certification.
6. Driver’s license valid in the State of New Jersey and auto insurance
7. Criminal background clearance
8. Clearance through Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. N.J.A.C. 10:44D
9. Evidence of Coursework in Applied Behavior Analysis
10. Experience writing Behavior Support Plans preferred
Please email resumes ASAP at Email blocked - click to apply or apply on line at www.benchmarkhs.com/careers