Quality Engineer Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Quality Engineer has the role of deploying and facilitating the quality culture in Smart Power division, act with safety, efficiency, quality, and productivity to assure that products and systems meet stated requirements. Employs various test protocols and applies standards to ensure quality.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will provide assistance with and maintain the quality management system, managing all aspects in line with guidance from ABB Group/division/business area.Your responsibilities
- Test Capability: Conducts test protocols as assigned to ensure the products and systems that are created by the local organization meet specified requirements and customer expectations. Assists engineering staff to develop test protocols as necessary to investigate the integrity of new products, or new functionality for existing products. Provides support to other functional teams as needed to deploy incoming test protocols and to perform First Article Inspections. Ensures data are available according to ABB QO guidelines.
- Safety: Utilizes safety systems to perform work, resulting in an accident-free workplace. Notifies others when unsafe situations are observed and works with local HSE teams to improve the safety systems.
- Quality Control: Works with department staff to improve existing test protocols and capability, resulting in greater efficiency, accuracy, and/or reliability of test outcomes.
- Utilize data: Collects, records, and evaluates utilizing Lean 6 Sigma, engineering standards and specifications, the quantitative metrics that provide descriptive data for the determination of compliance to requirements.
- Process Assurance: Trains Machine Operators in basic quality test routines to support quality-at-source processes and verifies quality assurance testing performed as a part of the value creation process.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering or related is required with a minimum 1 to 2 years of experience.
- The candidate must have a basic knowledge of at least 2 of the following principles and should be able to elaborate the concepts: lean manufacturing, 6-sigma, 5 S, 8D reports, PFMEA, PPAP, Process value stream map and line balancing.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Engineer http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Quality Engineer
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Production Part Approval Process
- Quality Management
- Quality Assurance