Requisition ID: 152121
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Power Engineers has an immediate opening for a motivated Transmission Engineer to join our growing Transmission team in the Power Delivery department! As part of this team of highly specialized design professionals, you will support a variety of substation, transmission and distribution projects ranging from 12kV to 500kV in both engineering detailed design and Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) projects for clients throughout the country.
Kiewit Power Delivery is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil, gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on continuous improvement and always delivering on our commitments to our clients and ourselves. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of one of our office locations in Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, or Houston, TX.
• Lead a collaborative team to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
• Perform cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
• Generate design criteria, reports, design verifications, and clearance tables for Power Line Systems (PLS-CADD).
• Build and modify pole and tower models for PLS-CADD design.
• Develop construction assembly drawings, material selection, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
• Develop construction specification packages that include drawings, one lines, phasing, and standard installation specifications.
• Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments.
• Attend and lead external and internal meetings to support processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering, Civil engineering, or related field
• At least 10 years’ experience designing and engineering transmission lines between 69kV and 765kV
• Proficient in PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower
• Knowledge of MFAD, LPILE, and NESC requirements as well as NESC, ASCE, IEEE, and RUS design standards
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Substation
- Freight Forwarding