Sr. Manufacturing Functional Test Engineer
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective automated methods of functionally testing and troubleshooting manufactured product including electronic assemblies and printed circuit boards. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Scope of work will include new product development (NPD), legacy equipment support, and continuation engineering. This test equipment consists of electronic / electrical / mechanical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and software which are used in global manufacturing facilities to produce company products.
-Develop and debug test software to control the electrical and mechanical components of the functional test system to provide a robust, reliable and repeatable manufacturing test system.
-Create and release documentation on all aspects of the test solution.
-Test specification to document product testing and coverage.
-System/Test Fixture wiring schematics in AutoCAD Electrical.
-System/Test Fixture BOM (Bill of Materials).
-Create User's guide to assist plant engineering with long term support.
-Test software and documentation released into appropriate source control location.
Essential Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Manufacturing Functional Test Engineer creating and supporting test solutions
-Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education or experience
- Ability to independently design, develop, implement and support test programs for automated electronic test equipment that test electronic manufactured product using C# or other object oriented text based languages (National Instrument Test Stand experience is a plus).
- Experience writing test software with communications protocols such as Device Net, RS485/422, TCP/IP, CAN, etc.
- Experience writing test software to communicate with electronic instruments like Meters, Power Supplies, O-Scopes.
- Ability to create test plans, user guides and test specification documentation
- Strong understanding of electronics (ohms law, ability to read and understand electronic schematics for printed circuit boards)
- Ability to review product electronic schematics and evaluate what stimulus and response (outputs) are required in order to fully test the manufactured product.
- Experience developing manufacturing test solutions for analog and digital electronics
- PLC programming knowledge a plus
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Exhibit good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, the ability to work in teams, and very strong problem solving skills.